4 out of 5 isn't bad... Right??

I have successfully potty trained 4 kids.  WHY does #5 have to be the deal breaker? I have tried all the usual tricks and nothing is working.  He wants to wear underwear but then pees (mostly poops) in them. 

We have tried:
 ~buying his favorite character underwear
~sticker chart
~ Sitting on the potty every 15 minutes. {he will climb off and walk out of the bathroom to poop in his underwear}
~M&M's each time he at least tries (1), more for pee (3), even more for poop (5).
~getting a toy and he can't open it til he is accident free for 1 week

Did I miss anything??  Last week he was accident free  {day/night, nap time and going out} for 3 days and then poop in his underwear twice in 1 day.  Everyday for 3 days.  Finally I put him back in diapers.  He was mad and threw a fit but I can't deal with anymore poopy underwear. 

I guess when he is really ready he will just do it right?  No one has ever had a first grader wearing underwear right??  Right??  I would love some tips and tricks.  Maybe you know something that worked that I have missed.  Thanks!!!

Comments

  1. Hi from a fellow Kangacoo fan :-) We had this dvd called Potty Power, it had catchy songs my daughter enjoyed and seemed to inspire her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! We have an Elmo Potty DVD and a Pull Ups DVD but I haven't used them on him. Thanks for the reminder!! And thanks for coming over from Kangacoo!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Ms. Ladybug and a PillowPet Giveaway!!

BlogFest 2010!!!!

Hand Made with Love Giveaway!!!