Guest Post by Villa SpiderHawk


When did you know that you wanted to become a writer? Did you want to always be an author?

I have been a writer since I could hold a crayon.  Even before I could print the standard characters of the English language, I created my own alphabet so I could “write”.  When I finally learned the English letters, I was absolutely thrilled that other people could actually read and understand the words I wrote.  I cannot actually remember a time when I longed to write.  I have simply always written.

Publishing, however, is a different thing.  People have told me all my life that I should write for publication.  And for decades I refused.  I wanted no part of the “business of writing”.  Oh, I published poems in periodicals and so forth, but I had no desire to write a book. 

Even when I began Hidden Passages, I had no plans to publish the stories.  I simply wrote them for a course I was following.  My teacher, of course, nagged me to publish, and I, of course, refused.  She was one determined lady, however.  She actually put me in touch with another of her students who had published.  She and I became friends, and I allowed her to read a few of my stories.  She immediately notified her publisher that she had made a wonderful find, and her publisher contacted me.  Thus Hidden Passages: Tales to Honor the Crones was born.  I was fifty-nine years old when I sent my first manuscript to a publisher, sixty when my first book came out.  I haven’t looked back since.

 About Vila Spider Hawk

Vila SpiderHawk is taking a different view on the aging of womankind. Hidden Passages: Tales to Honor the Crones is a collection of tales, some of which are interconnected, others which stand alone, all of which deal with women who are finding or already using the wisdom acquired from years of life experience.

Vila SpiderHawk and her husband share a log home of their design in the woods of Pennsylvania where they live with their five cats and enjoy frequent visits with their many woodland friends.  SpiderHawk is an avid gardener and a gourmet vegan cook. 

You can find Vila at www.vilaspiderhawk.com

Follow Vila’s Virtual Book Tour at Pump Up Your Book
http://www.pumpupyourbook.com/2010/10/17/hidden-passages-tales-to-honor-the-crones-
 virtual-book-tour-november-%E2%80%9810/

Watch the book video

Vila reads from Hidden Passages: Tales to Honor the Crones



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Ms. Ladybug and a PillowPet Giveaway!!

BlogFest 2010!!!!

Hand Made with Love Giveaway!!!