BlogFest 2010 Sponsor: Creative Visions

 Creative Visions is the Etsy shop of Marianne McCament.  She sells vintage inspired tags and journals.  She designs them and makes them handmade in her home.  I asked her about herself and this is what she had to say. "I have been married for 25 years, have a 17 year old son, and I am currently not working full time outside the home. Etsy has been keeping me hopping for about the last two years, so it keeps me very busy (sometimes too busy…)  I also have been crafting, sewing and painting since I was very young and have sold my art since I was a teenager. My parents (who are in their 80’s now) were very talented in many areas and always let all four of us kids create with them when we wanted – I am so appreciative of this!

I opened my etsy shop in 2007 mostly to sell fabric collages, cards, tags and mixed media pieces; but since learning Adobe Photoshop, I started combining vintage images and photos into digital collages. I use these digital collages to make unique, vintage-looking tags and journals. The tags can be used for gift purposes, to be framed, used in altered books or other art, and also for weddings – placecards and wish trees. I always am open to special requests, and have made many unique images for weddings, birthday parties and even clothes tags for an Italian designer!!"   Amazing!!  As a newbie to photoshop (a friend gave me Photoshop CS3 when CS5 came out) I would love to learn how to do what Marianne does!!

Marianne is offering the BlogFest winner a handmade Moleskine Journal!!  I got to pick which one and I went with the  Paris Tuileries Garden Journal.  I love the color teal and butterflies so it was perfect for me!! (I'm sure the BlogFest winner will like it too!!)  Here is the description from her shop: "This black Moleskine cahier journal has been embellished with stamping, paper, seam binding, a rhinestone and a large print of my Paris Tuileries Gardens tag. The back inside cover of the journal features another of my tag designs, a vintage Eiffel Tower image with Paris stamp.  This journal is a perfect pocket size (3.5" x 5.5") and fits wonderfully in your purse or car console. The cahier journal has 64 lined, acid-free pages and an inner pocket on the back cover." 

Good luck and Happy BlogFest 2010!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Ms. Ladybug and a PillowPet Giveaway!!

BlogFest 2010!!!!

Hand Made with Love Giveaway!!!