Why I Love 11 Month Olds

My 11 month old (today!) son Mason is a crack up.  He is starting his "fear of strangers" phase.  When a stranger at the store says hi to him, he SCREAMS!!!  Not cries but screams like that person just stabbed him.  And I don't mean scary men with weird combovers and bushy beards (who isn't afraid of them?) but nice sweet little Grandma types.  He screams like Jack the Ripper just got in line behind us. 

If Mason is playing with his toys very nicely in the living room and you decide it is time to cook dinner, DON"T MOVE THE FOOT STOOL!!!  We use the foot stool to block the entrance to the kitchen but even if he is playing and no where near the thing, if you block the kitchen he will cry like you just broke his heart. 

Mason has had only 2 teeth for the longest time.  But no he couldn't cut a new one one week and another 2 weeks later. He has to cut all 4 top teeth at the same time.  Needless to say, No one has gotten much sleep the last week.  He also got a cold (or maybe just from all the teeth) but he has been running a mild fever for the last week.  So literally for the last 5 days, I have held him all day and night.  If I try to out him down he scream like the floor is made of hot coals.  It is the saddest thing!  However I will not pee while holding a baby (Yes I have tried it and no it doesn't work very well). He apparently doesn't like Dad because when I try to hand him off he will cry and look at me over Dad's shoulder with this look in his eye "Mom. How could you give me away?  Don't you love me?"  So I have just held him constantly.  But he better get all his teeth in and get better soon cause summer school starts on Monday... And Mom will be gone at least 3 hours a day Monday through Friday.

Comments

  1. My daughter was 11 months old, until today-- she turned 1!!! I still don't believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha my daughter is 6 months old and already doing that! I love your blog! I'm surprised we haven't crossed paths sooner.

    I'm your newest follower! Stopping by from Blog Hop Friday!

    www.marvelousmommy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following from the Blog Hop! Can not wait to read your blog. I followed you on FB also! My daughter is 6 months and already looks at some people and screams :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am your newest follower from the blog hop! Have a fabulous day!
    http://www.mommyofoneandcounting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following you from the Blog Hop! I love the name of your blog. My 8-month has NO teeth yet, and I'm a little afraid she's going to cut more than one at a time!

    Stephanie
    http://sweetsavingsincolorado.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I followed you from Blog Hop.

    I noticed that my son began to be afraid of elderly people around the time he turned 7 months. It's kind of embarassing when a sweet old lady starts talking to him and he opens his mouth and lets out a loud SCREAM! He's 8 months now and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. He hasn't gotten any teeth yet...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Ms. Ladybug and a PillowPet Giveaway!!

BlogFest 2010!!!!

Hand Made with Love Giveaway!!!